The relationship between customer and supplier is vitally important. As a medical device company it is crucial to your success that the relationship with your contract manufacturer not only works well, but is a true partnership.
Whether you outsource medical device design, medical device development or medical device manufacturing, or all three, the right partnership should deliver numerous benefits that optimise your processes and improve your product quality.
How to tell if your medical device contract manufacturing partnership is working
How can you tell if you have a successful medical device contract manufacturing partnership? Here are 9 signs that you have a true partner:
- You partner operates like an extension of your firm – your contract medical device manufacturer has the flexibility, know-how and scale to adapt to your procedures and processes as and when required, from the initial transfer of production to ongoing output.
- Your partner is fully engaged (and you are too) – your medical device manufacturing partner is quick to offer feedback and advice, and you are ready to provide input and guidance. As a result, you receive a better service with a tangible impact on product quality.
- You and your partner communicate clearly and regularly – this is a cornerstone of a successful partnership. There should be a dedicated communication channel through which you and your partner are comfortable raising any issues, discussing opportunities and talking strategy.
- You should see a clear commitment to excellence – your contract manufacturer should have a highly skilled and high-performing workforce, who receive regular training. They should use and invest in maintaining high-quality equipment, software, hardware and facilities.
- The standard of service is consistently high – from design and development, toolmaking, supply chain management and quality assurance to cleanroom provision, assembly, packaging and logistics, your medical device manufacturing partner should deliver a consistently high level of service.
- Your partner ensures strict compliance with industry standards – your chosen contract partner should adhere to all the relevant national and international product safety standards and regulations, and should ensure that your products are fully compliant.
- Your partner can seamlessly adapt to changes in your schedule or specifications – your contract manufacturer of medical devices has the expertise, range of services and flexibility to meet increased demand for your products and changes in your product portfolio. You are confident that they can deliver the products you need when you need them.
- Your partner delivers on time and your lead times are optimised – your medical device manufacturing partner consistently meets your delivery schedules and has a supply chain management infrastructure that means your to-market needs are always met.
- You have a greater capacity for product innovation – your partner provides an assembly or manufacturing service that allows you to dedicate more time and resources to developing and improving your medical products.
If your medical device manufacturing partner delivers in all these areas, then you have a successful outsourcing partnership and you are working with the right contractor. If they don’t, it’s time for a review.
Meridian Medical is an established and experienced contract medical equipment manufacturer, specialising in a wide range of medical device design, development and supply services.
To find out more about how Meridian Medical can help you with your medical product design and manufacture, get in touch today by filling out our online form or contacting us on 01903 732344 or email@example.com.