When deciding to outsource your medical device production, it is important to know what your options are and that includes assessing the benefits that working with a full-service contract medical device manufacturer could offer you.
The choice as to whether to work with a contract medical device manufacturer that offers end-to-end services or not will have a direct impact on the efficiency of your manufacturing and distribution process, the quality of your parts and products, and the performance and profitability of your company.
By working with a contract medical equipment producer that offers an end-to-end service, you will have access to a level of service that in-house facilities or a multi-supplier set-up cannot match.
9 reasons why you should work with a full-service medical device producer
- Broad-spectrum expertise. Your product manufacturing and distribution process will benefit from the attention and engagement of a process-wide specialist workforce without the costs of in-house recruitment, training and retention.
- Latest technology. Your product will be manufactured, assembled and packaged using specialist technology that is designed specifically for purpose, sparing you the costs of in-house machinery purchasing, maintenance and upgrading.
- Supply chain consolidation. Instead of having to spend significant time and resources on sourcing parts and materials from multiple suppliers, you can work with a contract manufacturer that comes to the partnership with an established high-quality supply chain framework that is dedicated to medical industry production.
- Larger resource pool. You have access to a wide range of industry-specific services, from research and development, prototyping and design advice to assembly, packaging and distribution, that can improve the standard of your manufacturing process and the quality of your final product.
- Increased agility. Partnering with a contract medical device manufacturer that offers an end-to-end service means that needs relating to changes in product design, product manufacturing and product portfolio can be efficiently and expertly met without negatively impacting lead times.
- Better service delivery. The ability of a contract medical product manufacturer to offer the full range of medical device manufacturing services means that your overall service delivery standard is higher. This broad-scale delivery of greater efficiency and quality will translate into a better product when and where you want it.
- Quicker time to market. The combined expertise and resources of a full-service contract medical device producer mean that you can get your products to market quicker, which is vital in an industry characterised by shorter product lifecycles, ever more sophisticated technology and smaller windows of market opportunity.
- Lower costs. You don’t have to bear the burden of costs relating to dedicated production and distribution, skilled personnel and specialist materials and machinery, and you benefit from savings relating to bulk purchasing and reduced errors. As a result, your manufacturing process is much more cost-efficient, positively impacting your bottom line.
- Increased focus on core activities. Without having to dedicate significant time and capital to in-house resources or managing a multi-point supply chain, you have the capacity to focus on core activities, such as product marketing and the research and development of new medical devices.
In today’s increasingly global, competitive and fast-paced medical device marketplace, success is a matter of ever-smaller margins. Working with a full-service contract medical device manufacturing partner can give you the crucial advantage you need.
Meridian Medical is an established and experienced contract medical equipment manufacturer specialising in a wide range of medical device design, development and supply services.
To find out more about how Meridian Medical can help you with your medical product design and manufacture, get in touch today by filling out our online form or contacting us on 01903 732344 or email@example.com.