Night shift Injection moulding supervisor
Meridian Medical Limited is a friendly, family owned, medical device manufacturing company based in Littlehampton, West Sussex. We are looking for dynamic person to supervise our night shift molding team. We have great on-site facilities, free parking, tea and coffee is provided and we offer a very clean working environment.
Meridian Medical was founded in 1990 by Mr Ian Fenton and was taken over by his two sons in 2017. The company is investing heavily in the facility and staff, and, is constantly making improvements to its procedures and processes. We offer good career progression within our company and many of our management team started as shop floor operators.
· Your day to day role will be to supervise our injection moulding team during our night shift. The team is 6 operators, 1 Quality controller and 1 machine setter. The area houses 12 moulding machines ranging from 22 – 220 tones. Example products can be seen on our website. The Supervisor will report to the MouldShop Manager.
· Supervising and supporting the moulding machine operators and quality control personnel.
· Ensuring product quality meets the companies standards.
· Production output is maintained as per the production planning.
· Training the machine operators, and overall responsibility of the quality of the production.
· Maintaining the team training records.
· Liaising with the dayshift production team.
· Candidate will have experience working with injection moulding machines
· Basic knowledge of starting, stopping and operation of moulding machines.
· Experience of supervising and motivating a production team
· A good work ethic and a willingness to learn new skills.
· Training will be given by the day shift supervisor and QC, and mouldshop and cleanroom Managers for our production procedures. We would expect 2 – 3 weeks day shift training would be required prior to moving to the night shift.
Shifts, breaks, holiday entitlement and rates of pay:
· Production shifts are 12 hours, starting at 8pm - 8am. Monday to Thursday
· Holiday entitlement for a full-time position is 28 days (including bank holidays, allocated as hours).
· The company is closed for all UK bank holidays plus additional closure over the Christmas period.
Our recruitment process:
We want to make sure the right people join our company. Making sure that you will be happy working with us is important and so we want to make sure all our team are like minded, honest and trustworthy people.
Joining us will follow this process:
· Send us a copy of your CV, with a short covering letter telling us a little about yourself and why you would like to join our team. Please include an email address as we will email you to start the process.
· If everything looks good, we will then arrange a short phone interview at a convenient time for you.
· If the phone interview goes well, we will invite you for an onsite interview, give you a tour of the facility and talk about your specific role in more detail.
- On-site parking
Reference ID: NSSAPR20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 /year
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)